content header

histpry 1

history 2

history 3

70th Anniversary:
Kaiser Foundation School of Nursing

2017 marks the 70th anniversary of the Kaiser Foundation School of Nursing (KFSON). The accredited Permanente School of Nursing graduated its first class in 1950 and offered tuition-free education and training for its first seven years. In 1953 the name of the school was changed to Kaiser Foundation School of Nursing and it became an independent institution. The last class graduated in 1976.

During its existence the school produced 1,065 nurses and boasted numerous accomplishments. It trained a diverse pool of highly skilled nurses, and student scores in State Board Examinations consistently ranked in the top three of all California programs, including university schools.

 

HOME | BACK TO TOP